The only Mie Dyasha's Website
Hey! (This is) Mie Dyasha has experienced summer abroad in Canterbury, The UK and Auckland, New Zealand, also taking English and French Language Proficiency Tests.
Maybe travelling and food blogs soon? 😯
A senior student who studies at Mahidol University International College (MUIC) .. majoring in Media and Communication in Bangkok, Thailand, since April 2020 🇹🇭
I love travelling and experiencing living abroad. 🌎
Mie's passions are learning languages (English, French, German and Russian), cooking and baking, watching films
(especially Marvel Cinematic Universe or MCU, Jurassic Universe and Mission Impossible) and creative writing.
In the future, I want to pursue my postgraduate in the field of Arts/Fine Arts in Screen Production, Cinematography, Arts and Entertainment Management & Communication. 🎥
Welcome to Askmie (Dyasha) masi!!
My name is "Mie", and my preferred name is "Mie Dyasha", pronounced like "me" but just in a higher tone, and Dyasha pronounced it "Di-a-sha."
PS. I cannot undo my typo on the domain. It should be corrected as "askmie-dyasha", not "askmie-dysha".
Although it was my fault 😔, I am not going to change or buy a new domain :) I am just in love with this website!
I love typing Mie instead of "me", so... it is actually NOT grammatical errors. Undoubtedly, it is a kind of pun (haha, I feel like my name is so cool). 😉
I am a 21 year-old-girl who definitely and remarkably loves languages and is interested in media & communication, cinematography, filmmaking, film production and screenwriting.
Nice to meet you guys!
If you want to help me improving English or have any questions... DO NOT hesitate to contact me. ❤️
*Mie's Recommendation: this website is fully supported on a computer and laptop or desktop site on your mobile phone.
WANT TO KNOW "MIE" MORE?
Let's read this if you want to ... know Mie more. 😆
● For over 4 years, I have written many blogs about my experience living abroad, like Canterbury, the UK (3 weeks) and Auckland, New Zealand (a month), to improve my English in a short time. Afterwards, I have written about them on minimore.com. Later, I changed to pantip.com, and in September 2018, I created this website. Lastly, thanks to all of you for following my website, as well as for your support 😍. I would inform you that there is no going back to update on both "Minimore" and "Pantip" because I only post things on this website. If you have any questions, DO NOT hesitate to contact me... okay? I'm willing to reply to all your questions, yet I recommend you read my posts first... I have already written all detail.😘
● What makes me really proud is that my previous website on minimore.com gets more than 65.4k (65,458) views totally! Including more than 189.6k (189,635) readers/views on my current website, I recently got 255.0k (255,093 views)! I truly appreciate all your feedback and attention. 🥰
*updated on 1 October 2022, 12.23 PM (GMT-4, Washington DC time zone).
Thank you so much, everyone, because all of this literally means a lot to Mie! Love all of you, xxx 💋.
❤️ More Facts About Mie/Dyasha🍦
● I prefer not to let you know who I am? My reasons are: "I want to keep my private life (privacy matters!) and cybersecurity reasons." Moreover, in case you have already known who I am, please do not disturb me on my REAL ACCOUNT just keeping in touch on every account I provided and suggested to you, including 📘 Facebook page: Mie as a media com student - ชีวิตมี่เมื่อเรียนมีเดียคอม, 📷 Instagram: Miedya_thetraveller. I would reply to messages on my FB page faster than any other account. (Even I do have my official operating hours since I need some time and space for myself).
● I will not reply to all your messages on my real and private social media account, DO NOT EXPECT IT. I warn you. Do you think finding my real account, yet you DO NOT EVEN KNOW ME IN REAL LIFE (I mean, you are a STRANGER TO ME) is the right thing to do? You must have known how to respect other people's privacy. Please just leave me alone in my own space. You are not my friends, and I do not know who you are! I created this website and all accounts I give you above, got it?
⬆️ Laissez-moi tranquille! Là, c'est mon espace privé! Est-ce que vous comprenez ce que je veux dire? Sinon, allez-y et ne me parle pas!
● I am majoring in "Media and Communication" (นิเทศศาสตรบัณฑิต สาขาสื่อและการสื่อสาร) of Fine And Applied Arts Division, an undergraduate (currently a second year/sophomore student) at Mahidol University International College (MUIC) (Thai: วิทยาลัยนานาขาติ มหาวิทยาลัยมหิดล, มหิดลอินเตอร์, มิวอิค, เอ็มยูไอซี) in Salaya, Thailand. I am a MUIC628 Batch 3 Media Com student (the class year 2020-2023, class of '23) 🇹🇭. My concentration is "Creative Content", and the track I have chosen to focus on is "Film Production", including film screenwriting, film pre-production, film post-production, and cinematography.
👇Wanna read a review of studying here (รีวิวการเรียน Media and Communication/Media Com หรือนิเทศอินเตอร์ ที่ MUIC)?
Here you go!
★ Mie's & her studies at MUIC Media Com (Part 1): รีวิวการเรียนสาขา Media Com MUIC พาร์ท 1 (วิชาปี 1 และปี 2) จากรุ่น 628 😊
★ Mie's life as a sophomore and junior Media Com (Part 2): รีวิวการเรียนสาขา Media Com MUIC พาร์ท 2 (วิชาปี 2 และ 3) ✌️
★ Mie's life as a completely junior Media Com at MUIC (Part 3): รีวิวการเรียนสาขา Media Com ของ MUIC พาร์ท 3 (วิชาปี 3) ✨
• Mie did a 4-month-internship (between April and August 2022) to fulfil her graduation requirement as a Corporate Communications Intern at a renowned German-multinational engineering and technology company based in Bangkok, Thailand. Mie also got internship offers from GDH 559 (a well-known Thai media and entertainment conglomerate company that produced "Bad Genius") as a production crew intern. Another opportunity was from BOXX MUSIC (a music label under Muzik Move that represents many famous Thai artists and singers like INK WARUNTORN and SERIOUS BACON) as a creative content intern.
● In August 2019, I was accepted to Mahidol University International College or "MUIC" in Thailand directly from the International College (IC) without attending the Pre-College pathway (PC) for the 2nd Entry academic year of 2019. However, I declined a university offer to continue studying in grade 12 and reapplied to MUIC for the 3rd entry in October 2019 🥳. Moreover, I was accepted for the second round (again) in November 2019. My offers are unconditional. I have been doing my undergraduate degree at MUIC since 27th April 2020 :) ❤️
● In June 2019, I graduated with GED (General Educational Development). It is a US High School Equivalency Diploma. I am an international student (as International Jurisdiction on my transcript). I got both GED Diploma and Transcript also credential from the District of Columbia High School Equivalency Diploma in Washington DC, the United States of America 🇺🇸, on 16th June 2019. My overall is 609 scores, including Science 158, Mathematical Reasoning 153, Reasoning through Language Arts 150 and Social Studies 148. I passed all tests by taking them only once and studying in a high school in Bangkok, Thailand, concurrently 🎓. It means I have two high school diplomas; the first one is the GED Diploma, and another is the Thai High School Diploma (Mathayom 6 Certificate).
📨 My achievements as an undergraduate
(Mie was accepted to these universities in Thailand and abroad) 👩🏻🎓
1. Macquarie University (MQU) 🇦🇺: a 3-year Bachelor of Media and Communications in Screen Practice and Production (earlier, I got an offer in Bachelor of Media and Communications in Moving Image and Sound Studies, but they terminated the programme) in Sydney (North Ryde Campus), Australia 🇦🇺. I got an offer of a place on 18th November 2019 with a 10,000 AUD scholarship (ASEAN - Macquarie University $10,000 Early Acceptance Scholarship) each academic year, and it covers all three year-tuition fees at the university. It saved money for 30,000 AUD!
2. Victoria University of Wellington (VUW) 🇳🇿: a 3-year Bachelor Degree of Arts (BA) in Film and Theatre with a 6-month foundation programme from UP Education (in Thailand has 12 years for compulsory education while NZ requires 13 years, the education system is just like the UK) in Wellington, New Zealand 🇳🇿. It is the university where my favourite director and actor, "Taika Waititi" graduated! I cannot deny that he is one of my reasons for applying to VUW :) I got this conditional offer on 14th November 2019. If I choose VUW, I will graduate within 3 years and a half.
3. Mahidol University International College (MUIC) 🇹🇭: a 3-year (and 1 trimester) Bachelor of Communication Arts in Media and Communication (Salaya Campus) in Nakhon Pathom, Thailand. (It is not far from Bangkok, by the way!) 🇹🇭 I received an offer on 28th November 2019 and directly to the International College (I was not required to attend MUIC's Pre-College foundation). Hence, it was evident that I had got unconditional offers. I plan to minor in French in order to achieve the CEFR B1 Intermediate level 🇫🇷.
4. Maryville College (MC Scots) 🇺🇸: a 4-year-programme in Bachelor of Arts in Writing Communication for the entering class of Fall 2021. I also got offered the International Maryville College Scholarship (Awarded to entering international transfer students with a 3.0 to 3.49-grade point average. $21,000 per year on-campus, renewable for eight fall/spring semesters of full-time study with a 2.5 GPA). Maryville College is a private liberal arts college established in 1819 (more than 200 years) located in Maryville, Tennessee, the United States of America.
5. University of Idaho (Vandals) 🇺🇸: a 4-year-degree Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television Studies, the College of Letters Arts and Social Sciences, Department of Modern Languages and Culture (MLC), the University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho (Main Campus). I was eligible for "The Invitation to Idaho Scholarship" ($15,084 annually or $60,336 for a total of four years by maintaining continuous enrollment and a 2.5 cumulative U of I GPA) with an incoming GPA of 3.0. The U of I (UIdaho) was established in 1889 or more than 132 years ago and is a public land-grant research university.
● I want to study in the UK 🇬🇧, the USA 🇺🇸, Canada 🇨🇦 for postgraduate (I cannot decide now... I am in a massive dilemma between Film Production/Filmmaking/Cinematography & Directing). Fortunately, I do have plans for my future! I would choose York University, Carleton University, University of Ottawa (Canada), Academy of Art University in San Francisco, NYU TISCH, USC Cinematic Arts, American Film Institute (the USA), UAL LCC, AUB BFS, University of Southampton (the UK) are my destinations to pursue studies in the field of film production, filmmaking, cinematography and directing 🎞🌟.
💡 How many scholarships had Mie received and got offered? 😎
● In February 2021, I applied to 1 university and 1 private liberal arts college in the USA and was accepted with partial scholarships. First is the "International Maryville College Scholarship" from Maryville College, Maryville, Tennessee, with a 21,000 USD scholarship per year for transferring to study for BA in Writing Communication. The second is "The Invitation to Idaho Scholarship", a $15,084 annual scholarship (60,336 USD totally) for qualified international students to pursue my undergraduate BA in Film and Television Studies at the University of Idaho, Moscow (main campus), Idaho. 🇺🇸
● In April 2020, I received an offer of a place to study and a 10,000 AUD (Australian Dollars)-scholarship for doing a degree at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia, each academic year, and it covers 3 years (YES! 30,000 AUD has been saved!) 🇦🇺.
● In March 2020, Anyone CAN go scholarships (from Meenisery & Can Nayika, a former BNK48 member) offered me a full scholarship because I was a (one out of two) winner and planned to do a duo project with another YouTuber. This project aimed to improve my academic writing (Power ESL) and IELTS scores (as you know, I got IELTS Overall 6.5, each element 6.5 except just writing 5.5) for 4 weeks & FREE! At Pines International Academy in Baguio, the Philippines 🇵🇭, I had to just "write blogs". 😆
● In August 2019, Regent's International College (RIC) in Bangkok, Thailand, offered me a place in their Business/Hospitality Management Level 3 programme (BTEC Level 3, UK National Diploma) with a 60% scholarship from 360,000 THB (9,130 GBP or 11,940 USD) per year to 150,000 THB (3,800 GBP or 4,980 USD) each year.
● In January 2018, I also got a conditional letter of Ambassador Scholarship from Kingsway Institute in Sydney, Australia, 🇦🇺 to be an ambassador for the English language school. Nevertheless, I just had to refuse this conditional scholarship because my family preferred sending me to New Zealand with my little cousin 😘.
● When I was in grade 10 (the academic year of 2017), I tried to apply to private schools abroad. They provided some bursaries (scholarships) for international students. (They said it is all right to apply first, and you can make a decision later after you get awards) there were 2 schools that I had applied to:
1) Adcote School for Girls in Shrewsbury, the UK got bursaries of 40% for the 2-year-curriculum "A-Level (GCE Advanced Level or The General Certificate of Education Advanced Level Certificate)", the English National Curriculum (click here for more information) 🇬🇧
2) Chilton Saint James School in Lower Hutt, New Zealand, got bursaries of 32% for the 2-year-curriculum "NCEA (National Certificate of Educational Achievement)" from NZQA (click here to read my articles) 🇳🇿
You know... I am so glad and thankful for getting these opportunities, and I did not regret that I did not have a chance to be there when I was a high schooler, but I just thought it would be better to study there ☺️.
👩🏻 All my language and communication skills 🔤
● Thai is my first language (native language). I grew up in Bangkok, Thailand, and I studied in the Thai education system for 15 years 🇹🇭. It is definitely C2 Proficient or Native Speaker. I can understand Lao (Laotian) and Isan (Northeastern Thai). 😆
● My English is Advanced (CEFR: C1) 🇬🇧🇺🇸
‣ Currently, I am doing an undergraduate degree (third-year student or junior) in "Bachelor of Communication Arts in Media and Communication" at MUIC (MUIC is a leading international liberal arts college with all instructions and curriculum in English. MUIC partner universities: here). I will get better in Academic & Conversational English. Plus, I wish I could improve my English that much too! I need to be like a near-native speaker or fully bilingual. 😁
‣ In November 2021, I took the Duolingo English Test (DET), and I got 130 out of 160 (CEFR: C1 Advanced or equivalent to IELTS 7.5), 130 for both literacy and comprehension and 125 for both conversation and production. For more about the scores, check this link. 🇺🇸
‣ In April 2019, I had an IELTS test result: overall 6.5, including; listening 6.5, reading 6.5, writing 5.5 and speaking 6.5... The CEFR Level is B2 or upper-intermediate, haha 🤩 (however, some websites and English language schools consider a band score of 6.5 as C1 Advanced).
‣ I once took the "Cambridge Preliminary English Test (B1)" and have got a full score in Speaking 170 (B2)! 😃 Also, I have EF SET results; Listening 57 (B2; Upper-intermediate), Reading 71 (C2; Advanced) and Overall 65 (C1; Advanced).📄
‣ In September 2018, I got Duolingo English Test (the previous version) with 63 marks or equivalent to the new version 115 scores, mean CEFR B2 or upper-intermediate.
‣ TOEFL Junior, in which I got 790 out of 900 (Level 4: accomplished), means B1 for all sections; Listening 275/300, Language form and meaning 255/300 and Reading 260/300 in September 2017.
● My French is Pre-Intermediate (CEFR: A2) 🇫🇷
‣ In 2020, I admitted (admis) the DELF Examen A2 test with a total score 73/100 including; Écrit Production 18.00, Écrit Compréhension 18.50, Oral Production 18.50 and Oral Compréhension 18.00. 🤓
‣ In 2018, DELF Examen A1 and I got 74/100 means I passed this test. It has 4 parts; Écrit Production 23.00, Écrit Compréhension 16.50, Oral Production 15.50 and Oral Compréhension 19.00. 🤗
● My Russian is just for some situational conversations 🇷🇺 I can understand only some words and read or write a few sentences in Russian Cyrillic. I used to learn Russian before switching to French. 😄
It seems like I am pretty trilingual (Thai, English and French).
My goal is... I want to be fluent in these 2 languages, and I am going to improve a lot in a few years!!
Would you please not do 3 things? I am begging you:
1. Do not ask anything about myself like my real name, birthday or personal information. I will not tell you 🙂 Additionally, do not try to text me on my private and real account – that is not very nice :(
2. NO dirty talks or chain emails. I am not that kind of person. 😓
3. Please be kind and give constructive feedback. If you would love to suggest something, I believe that you will be able to give a great suggestion or lovely advice. 🤔
Thanks for visiting my website & reading my posts (blogs).
I really appreciate it 😘 I hope you guys like it. ❤️